Tuesday, February 25, 2014

BTT1O - Microsoft Excel Research Assignment

Assessment of Learning

1) Learning Goals

  • Use Google and Internet search techniques to research a topic
  • Display the information coherently using Microsoft Excel
  • Make informed statements about the data, supported by online research

2) Success Criteria

I will know that I am successful when:
  • I research a topic of my choice and find interesting facts and figures
  • I display the data in Excel in a way that highlights key points
  • I summarize my findings in writing
  • I include complete formatting (M.S. Excel and Works Cited List)

3) Expectations

Students will demonstrate the following expectations during the assessment:
  • Productivity Software
    • use spreadsheet software to perform a variety of tasks
  • Digital Literacy
    • apply effective techniques when conducting electronic research

4) Components

Each assignment will include the following components:
  • A table of data (5x10)
  • A line chart showing changes over time
  • Two charts showing a snapshot of data at a specific time
  • A paragraph summarizing the data and its significance
  • A list of citations

5) Deadline

Submit in the Drop-Off Box by Wednesday March 5th

6) Supporting Documents

No comments: